Thursday, May 17, 2007

on sick leave



i got time off work today. i've been feeling feverish and drowsy. my head alternates from feeling heavy and light.

not really a fan of bed rest, i marched to mega and looked for a good book. i just got some Powerbooks GC's courtesy of mr lee (company birthday gift) last week so splurging didn't make me feel too guilty.

the girlfriend had me looking for Letters to a Young Poet by one Rilke but Powerbooks doesn't have it. so i settled for The Narnian, a biography of CS Lewis. i think it's perfect because i've always wanted a new Christian book to read but i honestly couldn't stand the daily devotionals that pass for Christian Lit these days. (if you've read some real good ones tho, do tell me).

on the way home, i stopped for the nutty oats drink from Fruit Magic. the sales lady misunderstood me and got in an extra scoop of whey designer protein powder in the drink. i don't know if this will suddenly transform me into the hulk any time soon.

good book, good drink. i'm feeling healthy already.

2 comments:

cristala said...

mao nay naay sakit? niadto ug megamall? aheheh joke =P

Brian said...

hahahaha! ayg saba tabs :P